Sheetali Pranayama Benefits: This year summer is breaking all records. The scorching sun, flowing sweat and deadly heat on it have troubled the people. In such a situation, people are remembering only AC coolers. But if you want, you can keep the body cool even without AC and cooler in this scorching heat. You can cool your body with yoga. By doing one asana of Pranayama, you will get such a coolness that will make your heart, mind and body feel cool from inside. Whether you are feeling very hot, sweating or heat is coming out of the body after exercise, you can make your body cool by doing Sheetali Pranayama for some time. As the name of this pranayama is Sheetali, it also makes your body cool. Know how to do Sheetali Pranayama and what are its benefits.
How to do ‘Sheetali’ Pranayama
- First of all, sit on a quiet place by laying a seat.
- Try sitting in Siddhasana or Padmasana position.
- Close your eyes and try to relax the whole body
- Now take out your tongue and shape it like a tube or pipe
- After this, breathe through the tongue and then close the mouth with the tongue inside.
- Now exhale very slowly through the nose
- The sound of strong wind should be produced while breathing
- This is a cycle, do it 9 times a day in the beginning, after that you can do this 30 to 40 times.
Benefits of Sheetali Pranayama
1-Sheetali Pranayama keeps our mind and body cool
2- Removes stress and worries
3- This pranayama works like Ramvana to drive away depression
4- Good for throat disease and anger control
5- Helps in controlling hunger, thirst and blood pressure as well
6- It is also beneficial in stomach disorders caused by indigestion, mucus and bile.
7- Also beneficial for eyes and skin
8- By regularizing this pranayama very beneficial for health, you can avoid many problems.
Also read: Yoga For Weight Loss: Belly fat will disappear with Mandukasana, know how to do it