The terrorist Houthi militia continues to commit crimes against defenseless civilians since its control over the capital, Sanaa, in 2014, amid the silence of the international community regarding these terrorist practices against children and women.
Human rights and political activist Dr. Othman Aidarous said that the silence of the international community encouraged the Houthi militia to commit more horrific violations against defenseless civilians and shed more blood in a brutal manner, especially after the President American To be removed from the list of terrorist organizations.
More than 40 people were killed and wounded in artillery and missile shelling by Houthi militias on residential neighborhoods in the cities of Ma’rib and Taiz during the past two days.
In an interview with Al-Sahwa Net, Aidarous indicated that the terrorist Houthi militia will continue to commit brutal massacres against civilians unless there is a deterrent to prevent them from committing these crimes and unless the principle of punishment is applied against the leaders of terrorist militias, and they are submitted to international trials that do justice to the families of the victims.
He explained that the crimes of the terrorist Houthi militia affected all groups and segments of the Yemeni people and did not differentiate between a child, a sheikh and a woman without taking into account any humanitarian, religious and moral principles, but rather stripped them of all values and norms and shed blood, as well as undermining public peace, igniting fires, wars and aggression against neighboring countries. and threaten international trade routes.
For his part, human rights activist Hamza Mounir said that the silence of the international community on the crimes committed by the terrorist Houthi militia against defenseless civilians reflects the crisis of the human conscience and the double standards in defending human rights and confronting by various means the violent and terrorist groups to curb their continued violations of innocent and defenseless civilians.
Four civilians were killed and two others were wounded when the terrorist Houthi militia fired a ballistic missile at the Abu Yasser Al-Aqili station for oil derivatives in the Jadar area of Shabwa last week.
Munir indicated in a statement to “Al-Sahwa Net” that the Houthi militia’s terrorist crimes against civilians will not be subject to a statute of limitations and its terrorist leaders will be tried in local courts and prosecuted internationally, adding that the crimes committed by the Houthi militia against civilians have not been witnessed throughout history in Yemen.
The delegate described Yemen as the permanent representative of Yemen to Nations Abdullah Al-Saadi, the Houthis’ crimes against civilians are “horrific,” and he said that they “come among a series of systematic and deliberate massacres committed and perpetrated by the Houthi militia against civilians during recent weeks in the governorates of Ma’rib and Taiz, which claimed the lives of many innocent civilians; Including women and children, in flagrant defiance of the will and efforts of the international community and the Security Council aimed at ending the conflict and achieving a comprehensive and sustainable peace in Yemen.
Al-Saadi said in Yemen’s statement at the open session of the high-level discussion of the Security Council under the item “Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict” last Wednesday that “the crimes of the Houthi militia against civilians have extended to taking the population as hostages in entire cities and villages, using them as human shields, and using schools as weapons stores.” government buildings as detention centers, and rooftops for sniping and targeting civilians.”
He called “the international community, the Security Council and all human rights organizations to assume their legal and moral responsibilities by condemning and stopping the inhumane Houthi aggression and the daily targeting of civilians in Ma’rib and the rest of the Yemeni regions.”
Al-Saadi reiterated the Yemeni government’s appeal to the international community, United Nations agencies and all relief organizations to take urgent measures to expand its humanitarian response to confront the new waves of displacement in Marib, especially with the onset of winter and the widening of the crisis and the gap in humanitarian needs.