Sambar Easy Recipe: If the sambar is not made delicious with South Indian food, then the fun of eating becomes dull. If you have hot and tasty sambar with idli, dosa and vada, people keep licking their fingers. It would not be wrong to say that sambar is the lifeblood of South Indian food. Sambar is very healthy and tasty vegetable. Many types of vegetables are added to sambar. With this, tur dal enhances its taste even more. If you cook South Indian food at home but sambar is not very tasty, then try making sambar with this recipe. This is a very easy recipe of Sambar.
How To Make Delicious Sambar
- Arhar Dal – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Sambar masala – 3 tbsp
- Tamarind Pulp – 3 tbsp
- Rai – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 7-8
- Dry red chili – 2-3
- Bhindi chopped – 2
- Beans chopped – 2
- Tomato chopped – 1
- Gourd or pumpkin pieces – 7-8
- Onion chopped – 1
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Green coriander – 1 tsp
- Water – 3 cups
- To make sambar, put the lentils in the cooker, add 3 cups of water and add salt and keep it to boil.
- When dal gets 3 whistles on medium flame, then switch off the gas.
- Now put 2 spoons of oil in the pan and add all the vegetables and cook them well for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add sugar, sambar masala to it and let the vegetables cook for a while. Now add tamarind paste to the vegetables.
- Mix the lentils and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the tempering for sambar, for this heat 1 tsp oil and add mustard seeds, whole red chillies and curry leaves.
- Now add this tempering to the sambhar and cook for a while.
- Put green coriander on top of the sambar. Delicious sambar is ready.
- Serve it with idli, dosa and vada.
- If you want, you can boil the lentils and vegetables together in a cooker, but it dissolves the vegetables and the vegetables taste better in sambar.
Also read: Kitchen Tips: Make schezwan chicken at home for kids and serve it with fried rice, know its easy recipe