Infotech The monthly Navigo subscription will increase by 12% on January 1, 2023, to 84.10 euros

The monthly Navigo subscription will increase by 12% on January 1, 2023, to 84.10 euros





The dialogue of the deaf between the government and Ile-de-France Mobilités (IDFM) ended on Tuesday, December 6 with the announcement by the Minister Delegate for Transport Clément Beaune of “exceptional aid” of 200 million euros, which should allow the transport authority to limit the increase in the monthly subscription to 12%, the Navigo going to 84.10 euros next year.

The rag had been burning for several months between the executive and the president of IDFM Valérie Pécresse. The former presidential candidate LR was looking for 450 million euros to complete her 2023 operating budget, burdened by inflation and soaring energy prices. This budget, which cannot be in deficit, must be adopted on Wednesday.

The sequel after the ad

In the absence of state aid, the monthly Navigo would have gone from 75.20 to 90 euros per month, an increase of 20%.

200 million euros paid by the State

In its last scenario, IDFM hoped to be able to increase the mobility payment in the densest areas. But the increase in this specific tax on the payroll of companies with more than 11 employees, which would have limited the increase in the Navigo monthly pass to 80.80 euros (+ 7.5%), was impossible without the green light from the ‘State.

“The state’s response is welcome, but it remains ad hoc and partial,” said IDFM in a statement. “One-off” because new sources of financing will have to be found for the operation of the new lines under construction and transport for the Olympic Games, and “partial” because government aid will not be enough to limit the rise in prices, has she detailed.

Clément Beaune had promised Tuesday morning “state support”, without specifying.

The sequel after the ad

“These additional 200 million have only one goal: to protect users and prevent us from having an exploding Navigo pass,” he said at the end of the afternoon in an interview with “Parisien”. . “It’s a very powerful and exceptional gesture,” he said.

Pécresse does not want to lower the transport offer

The Minister, like IDFM, is also encouraging companies to increase their share of the reimbursement of their employees’ subscriptions from 50% to 75%. The increase in the mobility payment claimed by IDFM “was not retained”, decided Clément Beaune.

“It is not a choice of the government, but the line of the political family of Valérie Pécresse, Les Républicains, majority in the Senate, which rejected the measure”, he argued. “At a time when we want to encourage businesses to create jobs, we don’t want to tax them more through production or payroll taxes. This would damage employment, growth and competitiveness,” insisted the Minister.

“If the State refuses that companies contribute, it can replace companies, it is its choice”, observed Valérie Pécresse on Tuesday morning. So that’s ultimately what he did.

The sequel after the ad

Valérie Pécresse, who does not want to lower the transport offer – which should just go up to 100% – or give up her investments, had threatened to suspend a series of payments linked to major state-led projects, such as preparation for the Olympic Games and the Grand Paris metro. It had also announced that IDFM would no longer pay for the reductions for foreigners in an irregular situation, and would no longer reimburse the State for the advance granted to absorb the losses linked to the Covid.

The elected official announces her intention to bring together by the end of January “2024-2030 Ile-de-France transport financing meetings”, responsible for “finding sustainable, fair and Ile-de-France sources of funding for all the new transport offers that Ile -de-France Mobilités will have to finance from 2024”.

Wishing “a review of all this at the beginning of 2023”, Clément Beaune evokes for his part a very similar “conference with the State, the region, the local authorities and the users to organize transport and their financing over several years”.

The government will at the same time give 100 million euros to the authorities organizing public transport in the provinces, added the minister.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *